Curve Lake, ON
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Resort Manager will support the Company’s objectives by implementing the company's plan for the resort and fulfilling the company's responsibilities to its customer’s at our Pioneer Point, Lakefield, ON.
This position plays an integral role in implementing the company’s vision for the resort and to serving guests with excellence.
· Manage staff effectively
· Understand/manage infrastructure effectively
· “Think like an owner”
· Train staff on how to effectively deliver exceptional customer service
· Build solid brand recognition for the property based on delivery of service
· Ensure safe and enjoyable environment for guests and employees
· Weekly “walk the property” tours
· Ensure customer complaints are dealt with quickly and in person
· Work with functional areas including (HR, H&S, Finance, IT, etc.).
· Develop/mentor property staff
· Build an effective team around the resort staff (R&M, Admin etc.)
· Hire, train and supervise staff as required
· Ensure all staff members understand resort goals, standards and policies and comply with company policies and procedures
· Schedule and monitor shift-coverage based on business needs
· Promote a business environment that is customer friendly
· Be a positive role model for staff
· Lead by example in a team-based work environment
· “Think like an owner” by promoting a work environment that reinforces operational effectiveness and operation efficiency to assure continued profitability
· Hire staff who will enhance the customer’s experience and the positive image of the resort
· Support management and fully implement its policies and procedures
· Regularly attend regional meetings
· Promote and maintain a positive working relationship with all Pioneer Point business partners.
· Prepare annual resort budget
· Ensure all financial transactions are properly recorded and tracked
· Ensure employee timekeeping and payroll activities are properly executed
· Ensure information/reports provided to management are timely, accurate and on-target
· Procure goods and services according to protocols established by management
Health and Safety
· Ensure all resort activities are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
· Ensure that all resort facilities are maintained in safe condition
· Immediately notify management when marina or resort operations are unsafe and/or beyond normal repair
· Ensure all employees are aware of the resort’s safety procedures and are proficient in the use of its safety equipment
· Previous experience in property, marina, hospitality or similar management experience, including a minimum five years management experience required
· Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to organize and prioritize infrastructure projects
· IT literate and skilled with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
· Working knowledge of basic accounting principles
· College Diploma in a related discipline would be an asset
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal and credit background check.
If you are interested in this role, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that applications for this position may be kept on file for 6 months and may be considered for future opportunities within Parkbridge.
Accommodations for persons with disabilities will be provided, on request, to support candidate participation in all aspects of the recruitment process. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.