POSITION: Line Cook
Offering staff accommodations, and extended benefits including medical, dental, short & long-term disability, discounts in the restaurants and friends and family hotel rates.
As a Cook at Mountain Park Lodges, you understand that you directly influence the guest impression, and as a result you hold high standards of food preparation and presentation. For you, each day starts and finishes with a great meal!
Mountain Park Lodges is currently seeking team members who want contribute to the “Experience” of our guests. We are looking for individuals who are able to work in a busy team environment. Previous knowledge gained from working in a production kitchen is important to this role, but culinary students pursuing a Cooking career are invited to apply.
- Prepare for all food production
- Prep all meat items for service
- Cook menu items on the line during service
- Maintain proper food rotation of all line items
- Monitor food par levels and replenish as required
- Inform Supervisor of any food requirements
- Maintain standard recipes and plate presentations
- Assist with dishwashing and other kitchen chores as required
- Ensure all kitchen equipment including broiler, grill and vents are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness
- Perform other related duties as directed by Supervisor
- Must be capable of handling pressure at peak service times
- Minimum Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Journeyman Certificate, Red Seal or Equivalent is an asset
- 3 years’ experience is preferred OR
- Enrolment or Completion of a culinary program (Co-Op students welcome!)
- Desire and ability to increase knowledge in the culinary field
- Ability to accept direction
- Ability to train and provide direction to Kitchen Helpers
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits
- Ability to work within a team
TERMS: Mountain Park Lodges will accept applications for full and part-time positions.