Gérant(e) de la réception
- Acts on behalf of Hotel Management for all guest, colleague and security issues and ensures that all challenges are responded to with a sense of urgency.
- Is familiar with all key emergency/crisis responses and takes the lead in any situation that may occur while on shift.
- Communicates effectively with all hotel departments with all relevant information and required follow-ups.
- Promotes strong interaction and teamwork with all hotel departments.
- Makes certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures & Corporate standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times.
- Ensures the achievement of divisional financial objectives through practices such as creative scheduling as well as consistently monitoring productivity and ensuring the accurate administration of payroll.
- Works with the Director of Revenue, Director of Front Office, fellow Guest Service Managers to manage the daily room inventory to ensure revenues are maximized.
- Audits and completes Accounting transactions for several areas, including: rate verification for all rooms, audits, closing procedures for the computer systems and others.
- Continuously develops, promotes and supports a service culture in keeping with the standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, leading to outstanding LQA service audit results.
- Ensures the highest quality of colleague training and monitors performance on an on-going basis.
- Actively participates in all facets of employee development including: recruitment, interviewing, training, developing & promoting outstanding people.
- Conducts employee performance reviews and effectively manages employee relations.
- Ensures our Fairmont President Club members’ reservations are in order and members’ expectations are met, driving loyalty objectives
- Participates actively in the achievement of Trust You (Voice of the Guest) initiatives.
- Takes ownership in the achievement of Colleague Engagement Survey objectives.
- Promotes and enforces the hotel’s Health & Safety standards.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Minimum one (1) year previous Front Office leadership experience in a luxury property required
- Degree or diploma in Hotel Administration from a recognized University or College an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with proven service leadership skills and the ability to inspire colleagues to deliver outstanding service.
- Organized and results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and perform well under pressure in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to handle day-to-day operations of the Front Desk and the hotel in general, with excellent business acumen in the absence of Senior Management.
- Excellent written/spoken English is required as well as good written/spoken French.
- Knowledge of Opera Property Management System and other core technology applications essential as well as experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Computer troubleshooting experience would be an asset.
- First Aid/CPR Certification an asset.
- Must be available to work variable shifts including overnights.