Front Desk Agent (Pocahontas Cabins)
POSITION: Front Desk Agent (2 Vacancies)
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Offering staff accommodations, and extended benefits including medical, dental, short & long-term disability, discounts in the restaurants and friends and family hotel rates.
The Front Desk Agent is usually the first and last contact for anyone staying in the hotel. As such, the role is vital in determining what impression the guest has of our hotels. Minor problems during a guest stay will be overlooked with a personable and caring Front Desk Agent. The Front Desk Agent is an important Ambassador for Mountain Park Lodges.
- Process telephone calls
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payment
- Take, cancel, and change room reservations
- Resolve minor guest complaints and refer to Hotel Manager or Front Desk Supervisor as required
- Refer major guest complaints to Hotel Manager or Front Desk Supervisor
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services, and local points of interest
- Arrange services required for guests with special needs
- Provide information regarding room status and special guests to other departments
- Learn the Emergency Response Manual thoroughly
- Learn the Night Audit procedures.
- Perform related Front Desk duties as directed by Supervisor
- Minimum grade 12 education with diploma.
- Previous experience or education an asset.
- Neat and clean in appearance and work habits
- Pleasing, outgoing personality
- Knowledge of languages is considered an asset
- Ability to accept direction
- Solid understanding of guest service principles
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to accept direction.
- Knowledge of computers, will train
- Typing skills an asset
- Ability to work within a Team
TERMS: Mountain Park Lodges will accept applications for full and part-time positions.
Pocahontas Cabins Human Resources Office
Highway 16 East Chateau Jasper
Jasper, Alberta 96 Geikie Street
T0E 1E0 Jasper, Alberta, T0E 1E0