Front Desk Agent
Become a Front Desk Agent at ALT HOTEL OTTAWA!
Do you like challenges? Join a growing company that offers real opportunities for advancement.
Do you have ideas? Our management style is flexible and we encourage initiative.
Do you like to keep fit? Stay in shape thanks to the exercise room at your workplace.
Do you like to get involved? You’ll have the chance to give back by supporting the many causes that we’re involved in.
Is family close to your heart? As a family owned business it’s close to ours too! That’s why you’ll have the opportunity to invite friends and family to work during Family Day!
Do you like to travel? Take advantage of an employee discount when you stay at one of our hotels and your nearest and dearest can also benefit with the Family and Friends discount.
Willing to relocate? Gain unique work experience thanks to our network of hotels in Canada’s most beautiful cities.
Group Germain Hotels is a family run business originally from Québec that builds and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across the country. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, our reputation is based on the impeccable warmth and hospitality with which our team welcomes our guests as well as the stylish design and comfort of our properties. Each member of our team is chosen for their sincere desire to please and their ability to work in a team!
Discover our story: https://youtu.be/RCxSGs2SFpA
Definition: Reporting to Guest Services Manager, the Front Desk Agent is responsible to register all arrivals and departures, process transactions, take reservations, take care of guests needs and process various administrative tasks.
Description of principal tasks:
1. Check-ins and Check-outs
2. Answer telephone calls and take reservations
3. Concierge services
4. Administrative tasks
5. Other, as per manager’s request
· Smile, approachable, pleasant, courteous, empathetic, fast acting, professional
- Hospitality diploma / degree or equivalent experience
- Organized, able to plan ahead, manage workload
- Excellent customer service
- Good computer knowledge – Knowledge Opera an asset
- Able to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the hotel-boutique concept
- Good knowledge of Toronto, it’s tourist attractions and major routes
· Excellent English oral and written. A second language (preferably French) an asset
· Opera (PMS), internet and email
· Fax machine, photocopier and printers
· Telephone console and headsets
· Sales terminal
· VIP, Ihotelier Accommodation Toronto etc.
· Windows software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Key and lock machinery
· Shift work based on weekly schedules (day, evening, weekdays and weekends)
· Hourly rate, as per agreement
· Reception bonus plan