Customer Loyalty Specialist
Hopper is a mobile travel startup based in Cambridge, MA and Montreal, QC. We combine insightful research on massive data sets with intuitive design to help travelers make better decisions about where to go and when to fly and buy, saving travelers as much as 40% on their flights.
The app has been featured in outlets such as Tech Insider, Mashable, CNET, Fast Company, New York Times, and more. Both Apple and Google have featured Hopper in the App Store & Play Stores as one of the "best new apps", and Hopper was named Google's Standout Startup of 2016.
This is the rare opportunity for talented people to build something totally new in the travel industry; we need you to bring your existing knowledge and be ready and excited to bend the rules and innovate with us. Most of all, you must enjoy working with people, solving problems, and making customers loyal and happy.
In this role, your challenge will be to:
- Communicate directly and empathetically with Hopper customers, via phone, email, chat and social media, to alleviate time-sensitive booking-related incidents, while focusing on the lifetime brand loyalty of our clientele
- Anticipate customer needs and exceed their expectations by providing an exceptionally high level of service and support
- Assist our external partners with pre-booking, ticketing, and modifying reservations made via the Hopper app
- Monitor queues and operational ticketing processes in multiple global distribution systems (GDSs), non-GDS services, and our internal tools and systems to ensure smooth functioning and successful ticketing on all files
- Triage appropriately by using good judgment, making calculated tradeoffs to accelerate incident resolution while balancing competing priorities
- Work closely with our product, development, and operations teams to help inform, shape, and execute the building and optimization of ticketing and support processes
- Collaborate extensively with remote and in-house support and ticketing agents to improve operations and overall customer satisfaction
- If you do not have prior experience with GDSs, or customer relationship management (CRM) software like Zendesk, Help Scout, etc., you must be prepared to complete extensive self-directed training to become a systems expert
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and comfortably identify and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent judgment; ability to ask smart questions and make quick, impactful decisions with regard to each particular situation
- Natural empathy and the ability to understand, meet, and exceed customer needs
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to adjust tone, formality, and responses as needed
- Discretion; the ability to reliably and professionally handle sensitive communications
- An adaptable and resilient attitude; must be comfortable with a fast-paced, scrappy, and dynamic startup environment
- Native English written and oral proficiency; bilingual proficiency in Spanish, French, or Portuguese is a plus!
- Willingness to work a flexible and demanding schedule as customer and product needs may require