The Sous-Chef supervises and participates in the operations of the kitchen in order to meet the needs and expectations of the guests and to ensure the efficiency and profitability of the service.
Supervises and participates in the preparation and cooking of various foods. Responsible for the maintenance of all revenues and their costs.
• Lead and supervise the team towards the achievement of exceptional results in terms of client satisfaction.
• Help the chef develop and implement creative menu items.
• Participate in the annual review of banquet and dining room menus.
• Good speed and quality of execution.
• Sense of organization and resourcefulness, attention to detail.
• Establish, apply and enforce kitchen and company policies and procedures.
• Monitor food production, orders, cost quality and consistency.
• Ensures the safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment; ensure the respect of
• MAPAQ hygiene requirements.
• Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends)
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
· Diploma from an accredited culinary school, hotel management or related field.
Excellent communication skills
Verbal and written skills in French and English
Knowledge of inventory controls and food / labor costs
Strong knowledge of internal operations including food and beverage cost control,
supervision of personnel, inventory, hygiene and food safety.
Must be flexible for working days, nights and weekends as required by the operation
Any other assigned duties required for the position