Chef De Partie - Pastry
Chef de Partie - PastryEvery memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. Your passion for managing food preparation as Chef de Partie will inspire your team to create truly spectacular fare.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver is a glorious landmark that captures the hearts and imaginations of all who visit. Reigning from her prestigious address on Georgia Street at the center of the city, this Castle in the Heart of Vancouver is surrounded by a diverse arts community of galleries and theatres, a thriving shopping district, exhilarating nightlife and world class cuisine. Join our team and welcome our guests to extraordinary experiences at their home away from home.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Ensure all kitchen Colleagues are aware of standards and expectations
- Liaise daily with Outlet Chefs to keep open lines of communication regarding guest feedback
- Continually strive to improve food preparation and presentations
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Carry out your duties in accordance with local Occupational Health & Safety legislation and Fairmont Health & Safety policies and standards
- Ensure the department complies with all local Occupational Health & Safety legislation
- Other duties as assigned
- Please note actual hours worked will fluctuate based on business needs.
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a high-end dining environment required
- Journeyman’s papers or international equivalent required
- Diploma Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to work flexible schedules (including evenings, weekends and overnights)
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!