Assistant Guest Services Manager
- Property: Le Germain Hotel Ottawa
- Department: Front Office
- Status: Full Time, Permanent, Shift work based on weekly schedules
- Reference code: REF2
JOB SUMMARY: The Assistant Guest Service Manager (AGSM), under the direction of the Guest Services Manager (GSM) is responsible for assisting with the contribution to the delivery of the highest level of guest service and ensuring that standards are maintained.
The AGSM supports the GSM in guiding all front office employees (Bell/Door/Valet, Front Desk, Concierge, Night Audit) to achieve the company’s strategic direction, focusing on policies, procedures, vision and values. The AGSM serves as a resource to the overall operations of the hotel by providing assistance and direction as needed. Energetic and passionate about customer service, the ideal candidate has a knack for problem solving and strong leadership skills and potential!
In addition to performing the duties of all front office and reservations employees at a standard benchmark level, the Assistant Guest Service Manager is responsible, but not limited, to:
- Coordinate management of the Front Desk, Night Audit, Concierge Bell/Door/Valet in concert with the GSM to ensure a smooth operation and the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Maximize room revenue through supporting revenue-management strategies set forth by management.
- Effectively maximize inventory levels during high occupancy/sold out nights
- Review arrival reports including regular guests as well as VIPs to ensure all special requirements are met or exceeded.
- Seek feedback on guest satisfaction in accordance with our mission statement and philosophy of employee empowerment.
- Ensure all special requirements from VIPs and regular guests are met or exceeded
- Be a resource to other departments and act as a supervisor should there be an emergency.
- Interact with guests to resolve complaints as well as to build relationships with guests.
- Monitor all cash floats and report any discrepancies for immediate action.
- Monitors and disseminate trends in terms of crime: fraud, schemes and security issues.
- Know emergency procedures and crisis management, including fire and emergency procedures, procedures for handling of fire panel. Train all employees to follow these procedures and prioritize guest safety. Promote a safe working environment
- Support the GSM to achieve effective staff planning, hiring, scheduling and adhering to budgeted parameters.
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of service standards and of new incentives to motivate employees and maximize hotel revenue.
- Foster a work environment that allows employees to achieve job fulfillment and encourage career development.
- Contribute to the development of a strong team through active involvement in daily operations and through the development of a continually evolving workforce.
- Hospitality diploma / degree or equivalent experience
- Previous Front Office and supervisory experience
- Problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work quickly and multi-task
- Assertive, professional with proven ability to motivate, develop and lead in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, outgoing, friendly, persuasive personality.
- High work standards & sets high standards of performance for others.
- Good computer knowledge specifically with Word, Excel, Outlook and Opera an asset.
- Knowledge of the city, its tourist attractions and major routes
- A valid driver’s licence with a clean record (able to drive automatic and standard cars)
- Excellent English and French language skills, both oral and written.
- Flexible schedule with availability on evenings and weekends.
- Competitive salary based on your experience;
- Friendly work environment;
- Group Insurance
- Employee discounts in our hotels;
- Access to on-site gym
- BUT MOST OF ALL A MOTIVATED TEAM AND A DYNAMIC ORGANIZATION!