North Hatley, QC
Manoir Hovey, a 5 star Relais & Châteaux lakeside hotel, is looking for a waiter, waitress (chef de rang) to join our team. Full time and part time positions available.
- Pleasant lakeside work environment.
- Quality living environment with the village of North Hatley, recognized as one of the most beautiful villages in Quebec and just minutes from the cities of Magog and Sherbrooke.
- Outdoor enthusiasts, skiers, snowboarders and bikers will find plenty to do in the region.
- Join a talented team, with Michelin star experience who encourages the exchange of talent and knowledge.
- The Le Hatley Restaurant serves fine dining cuisine and is a well respected culinary reference in Canada.
- The restaurant Le Tap room is a bistro with local and seasonal flavours. Its menu offers simple dishes in a relaxed atmosphere.
- Chef Vachon orchestrates a responsible driven cuisine. His culinary vision recognizes the importance of supporting local producers, preserving, respecting and ensuring the health of our food systems for future generations.
Does our vision speaks to you? We're looking for people like you to join our team!
Under the direction of the Maître d'hôtel, the waiter, waitress will have the following main missions:
- Organize and oversee his or her rank
- Know how to take an order taking into account the tastes and desires of the customers
- Billing and collection of bills
- Be able to learn a menu and explain it
- Provide accurate and efficient work
- Know how to promote the chef's specialties
- Good knowledge of wines, cocktails, scotch and spirits
- Good knowledge of Quebec cheeses
- Be passionate about the restaurant industry
- Enjoy working in a team, be dynamic and have an easy time smiling
- Excellent professional presentation
- Bilingual French/English mandatory
- Knowledge of the system Maître D is an asset
- 3 to 5 years of experience in high-end restaurants is an asset (Relais & Châteaux restaurant, 5 stars, Michelin-starred restaurant (Europe and the United States), CAA/AAA 4 diamonds or more ).