Offer published on Nov 13
VOYAGES FCNQ is…
Issuing an average of over 20,000 passenger tickets is the challenge FCNQ Travel tackles every year.
Whether for a visit to the magnificent sandy beaches of Kuujjuarapik, a cruise in the Greek Islands or the latest all-inclusive, FCNQ Travel will get you where you're going.
Founded in 1987 to meet the logistics needs of the FCNQ's employees heading the North and to offer travel services to other organizations for their employees, FCNQ Travel has expanded its horizons and now offers its expertise to anyone who wants to travel to the North or anywhere else in the world.
FCNQ Travel is definitely the organization with the most expertise in travel in the North.
Take advantage of what we have to offer!
- Group insurance plan
- Employer's participatory RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Training offered in the company
- On-site parking
Who we are ?
La Fédération des coopératives du Nouveau-Québec is owned by its fourteen member co-ops in the Inuit communities of Nunavik. FCNQ was established in 1967 to provide the rapidly growing cooperative movement with more effective powers and services to help attain their vision “Atautsikut” Together—working to develop as a people, leaving none behind.
Under the supervision of the supervisor, you will be responsible for informing and advising customers on flights, hotel reservations and car rentals in order to sell travel services that meet their needs and expectations.
- Act as a travel consultant for the commercial section;
- When required, act as a travel consultant for the vacation section;
- Responsible for the operations of our corporate clients;
- Take phone calls and/or execute reservation requests received by email;
- Advise customers on the choice of itineraries as well as the other products offered;
- Inform customers about the terms of the trip such as: information on reservation and cancellation policies;
- Make reservations in the computerized electronic ticketing system;
- Plan itineraries for individuals and groups with our corporate clientele;
- Make transportation and accommodation reservations for our corporate clients;
- Confirm reservations and issue itineraries and electronic tickets for our corporate customers;
- Assist the supervisor with ticket invoicing as well as in researching reimbursement records, depending on needs and circumstances;
- Participate in training and presentations of the Transat group;
- Participate in the presentations of the various service providers in order to keep up to date on the novelties;
- Perform the weekly filing of files;
- Perform the annual classification of files for the archives;
- Any other related tasks requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a travel consultant;
- Be certified by the Canadian Institute of Travel Counselors;
- Have traveled and possess a good general knowledge, including knowledge of history and geography, are important assets;
- Customer service and sales skills;
- Professional attitudes and behaviour (skills for teamwork, autonomy, dynamism, interpersonal skills, honesty, versatility, sense of initiative, sense of organization, etc.);
- Must be able to communicate in French and English, both orally and in writing. Fluency in other languages is an asset;
- Ability to conduct monetary transactions;
- Basic computer skills, in particular the computerized reservation system (Apollo) and the Internet.