Technicien(ne) maintenance de nuit / Overnight General Maintenance
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Hourly Rate: $30.73 + Overnight Premium
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and are fluent in both English and French; spoken and written.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellency and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The Overnight General Maintenance ensures that all repairs and maintenance are carried out with regards to all activities pertaining to the engineering division. This person will undertake a variety of maintenance tasks throughout the building, for either the hotel or the residences.
- Intervenes in the event of a fire emergency by executing the fire emergency procedure;
- Intervenes in the event of a power outage giving priority to rooms and kitchen services;
- Does daily maintenance rounds of the building;
- Ensures all hotel equipment is functioning properly;
- For electricity: performs preventive and curative maintenance on electrical installations when possible. Keeps all logs updated;
- For telecom: responds to specific guest requests and performs all internet cable installations and helps with software setup in the rooms;
- For carpentry: Maintains all woodwork in the hotel, repairs damaged furniture and builds simple furnishings. Executes all painting tasks as per Four Seasons standards and hotel requirements;
- For heating, air conditioning and equipment (HVAC), ensures and performs preventive maintenance of these systems;
- For plumbing: Maintains all plumbing related issues, repairs sanitary installations and fittings;
- Is the first responder for service calls regarding kitchen equipment, based on the extent of the problem, repairs or advises his superior so he addresses the situation appropriately with the proper specialists;
- Executes all other related tasks.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Must be available days, evenings, overnights and weekends;
- Must be fluent in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Professional diploma in general building maintenance. Other training relevant to the position would be a plus;
- At least 2 years of building maintenance experience in the hotel industry, preferably in a high-end 5-star establishment. Experience in an upscale building could also be considered;
- Demonstrates a very high team spirit;
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our guests;
- Maintains a professional appearance and behaves in a mature manner with integrity at all times;
- Be organized, independent, meticulous and resourceful;
- Good knowledge of Windows environment;
- Good knowledge in plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, electricity and painting;
- ‘’DEP’’ in General Building Maintenance or any other related field would be of great asset;
What’s in it for you?
- Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc.).
- Discounts at our MARCUS Restaurant and our 5 Star Spa.
- Employee themed recognition days and events such as Employee of the month, Service milestone celebrations, birthday events, and more!
- Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room (Café 1440).
- Retirement plan with employer contribution.
- Paid time off including sick days, vacation days and 2 additional floating holidays per year.
- Excellent training, development, and mobility opportunities.
- Employee Travel Program, including complimentary stays at Four Seasons globally (by length of service and subject to availability).
- And so much more!
The task list specified above is a non-exhaustive one, the position will require a constant adaptation to various situations of high stress activity.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.