Specialist, weddings & social events
We are a growing, family-owned hospitality company that owns and operates 5 boutique hotels, 14 restaurant concepts and 2 spas, all concentrated in Old Montreal. There are more than 1200 employees working in servicing our guests, and 60 employees working for the corporate office. Our organizational culture is key to the success of our team and relies on putting forth our passion for hosting and serving guests, fostering a family spirit at work, and daring to do things differently. We expect everyone to be enthusiastic, positive team players that share our ambition in standing apart in a very competitive landscape.
Specialist, weddings & social events
You’re described as outgoing, a natural people person and can quickly develop creative solutions for potential customers. You are also competitive, professional, and thrive in a team environment. This position could interest you! We are currently looking for a Wedding and social event specialist to join the Antonopoulos Team.
- Respond to all requests made by emails or phone calls regarding weddings and social events for multiple locations, to quickly initiate the booking process;
- Make service calls, follow-ups with existing and potential customers as well as suppliers;
- Conduct and manage scheduled site visits (Weddings / social events in halls and restaurants);
- Coordinate site inspections of our facilities and services with potential clients (meetings & conferences);
- Up-selling all available products;
- Send accurate price quotes to potential clients (must be flexible to customize events);
- Discuss and propose menu choices, price list, different accommodation options, available equipment (audiovisual and other), and any other products and services made available for the clients;
- Have a global vision of the event and a clear understanding of the client’s needs and expectations (Ex: the level of importance of the event for the client, the total number of participants, the duration of event, the budget, etc.);
- Prepare estimates and draft food and beverage service contract for each wedding, event and banquet. Then ensure that the agreement including all details discussed is confirmed and signed by the client;
- Participate in the development of the meetings and events by ensuring each department concerned has the necessary tools to perform their tasks (BEO, floor plans, food selection) and then conduct a weekly meeting with required personnel;
- Collaborate with all departments as required;
- Maintain constant communication with all departments and notify of any changes to the guests and events that could impact their department (front desk, housekeeping, dining room, spa, etc.);
- Take all deposits prior to event;
- Manage all vendors (make sure they are compliant with the hotels delivery structure)
- Identify and solve all problems during events and act proactively in the face of unforeseen issues that may arise;
- Plan and facilitate pre-event meetings to validate and confirm all details with clients;
- Be present on the day of the event to ensure the accuracy of room set up, welcome guests, then plan a smooth transition when travel to other establishments;
- Contact each client following their event to ensure their satisfaction.
Requirements and Key competencies:
- 3-5 years of relevant sales experience in the field of hospitality, luxury weddings and /or events is a must;
- Great knowledge of different traditions linking to the celebration of weddings in various cultures (eg: Jewish, Arabic, Italian, Greek etc...);
- Team player and can work individually within a group;
- Sales driven attitude to generate maximum revenue and reach established goals;
- Bilingual French & English (oral and written);
- Works well under pressure;
- Great ease with multi-tasking, priority management and working in a high-speed environment;
- Knowledge of hotel reservation systems;
- Good computer skill (Office Suite);
- Be available to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs.