Spa Massage Therapist
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service to offer massage and aesthetics therapies to our guests.
- Warmly welcome and assist the client;
- Perform massage therapy while respecting brand standards;
- Organise therapy cabins as well as all material and products provided;
- Ensure guests receive quality treatments in a safe manner;
- Consistently ensure quality of work performed as well as guest satisfaction;
- Organise workload based on target objectives;
- Follow the schedules of treatments posted by reception and the time allotted to them;
- Responsible for the set-up of the assigned cabins;
- Ensure all hygiene rules regarding cleanliness are followed;
- Demonstrate a commitment to achieving spa goals;
- Participate in internal training sessions and apply new techniques on the job;
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment for all employees and guests;
- Participate in department meetings;
- Demonstrate a high level of ethics, integrity and professionalism in all situations;
- Work harmoniously with colleagues and supervisors;
- Perform all other tasks relating to this position;
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Excellent knowledge of how the various Spa treatments work as well as the benefits, indications and contraindications related to them;
- Able to promote treatments and services without giving the impression of being a “hard seller”;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal and external customers;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner and with integrity at all times;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- College diploma preferably specialising in hotel management is encouraged, however, not essential if applicants have previous relevant work experience as massage therapists.
- Professional training and membership with a recognized massage therapy association is required.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.