Offer published on Mar 10
About Terrasse NelliganTerrasse Nelligan is your neighbourhood roof. Nestled in Old Port architecture, the terrasse has been gathering locals & visitors since 2002. Offering cocktails, fine wines and summer food, the rooftop is a staple in Old Montreal.
The sous-chef, in collaboration with the Chef, ensures the smooth running of the kitchen operations. He plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure adequate quality and quantity standards set by the company. Involved directly in daily operations, he oversees the training and the good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his leadership and management skills, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging. He maximizes output and ensures continuous control of operating costs.
Essential job functions:
• Performs daily inspection of the kitchen and its settings.
• Ensures customer satisfaction by the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented.
• Acts as a trainer for members of the brigade.
• Assists the Chief in the management of human resources components (hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance evaluation, discipline, etc.).
• Ensures compliance with hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards.
• Contributes to the planning and preparation of menus;
• Assists the Chief in the management of financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.) and material management (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.).
• Ensures efficient management of the food inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and minimize losses.
• Keeps track of purchases, the quality of goods received and ensures tight tracking of inventory to avoid theft
• Communicates and collaborates with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of the service.
• Maintains an ongoing link with other hotel departments and various internal and external stakeholders;
• Performs any other tasks deemed essential for the proper functioning of the kitchen.
Qualifications and required skills:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in gourmet cuisine;
• Experience in brigade management;
• Strong interest in teamwork;
• Participatory leadership;
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to react well under pressure;
• Organizational skills.
You may also be interested in these offers
Full-time, part-time, seasonal
Quebec City, QC