Iberica Restaurant, located at 1450 Peel Street, Montreal, Quebec H3A 1S8, is searching for a qualified Sous-Chef to join our team of talented Chefs.
Iberica is a classic Spanish style restaurant featuring an Imported Josper Grill/Oven which offers a unique tasting experience with an explosion of flavour. We specialize in Tapas and traditional Spanish Cuisine.
The position requires specific experience and knowledge of Josper Grill/Ovens to work alongside the Chef and the kitchen support staff.Requirements
The role and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Preparing meat, poultry, game, fish and seafood;
2. Seasoning and preparing food items for grilling;
3. Grilling requested good items in accordance with customers specifications and cooking preferences;
4. Managing portions of grilled food items;
5. Regulating temperatures of broilers, grills and roasters;
6. Wash, cut and peel vegetables and prepare meat in anticipation of the service times, notably lunch and dinner;
7. Ensuring food is the appropriate temperature prior to being served to clients;
8. Tasting and evaluating food items before serving;
9. Operating and training staff on the Josper Grill;
10. Maintaining records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory;
11. Preparing dishes for customers with food allergies and intolerances;
12. Ensuring quality control for the Josper Station including the supervision of 2-5 employees.
Requirements for the Position:
Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a high-volume restaurant the candidate must be able to demonstrate at least 1 year of experience using a Josper Grill/oven by providing specific techniques in its utilization and recipes created for its use.
Education: Secondary School;
Ability to Supervise 2-5 people.
Salary: $21.75 per hour based on a 40 hours work week;
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time.
To Apply, please send your detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org