Sous-chef (Opening 2019)
We are looking for individuals who have a solid knowledge of food and are passionate to develop their management skills within the hotel industry, have creativity and flair and the ability to provide guidance to others, and can evidence good business acumen and a strong work ethic.
The Sous Chef holds a mid-level management position within the kitchen department, reporting to the Executive Chef, and is responsible for supervising the day-to-day running of either the banqueting kitchen or the restaurant kitchen in the Hotel. The management of food costs and production control are important to reduce waste in addition to the culinary training that the Sous Chef provides for all kitchen employees daily.
- Supports senior
leadership by developing and assuming basic management responsibilities;
- Assumes the role
of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other
- Supervises the
preparation and cooking of various food items;
- Develops and
implements creative menu items that adhere to Four Seasons brand standards;
- Manages kitchen
employees through scheduling, payroll, training, coaching, evaluating and
- Leads and coaches
the team towards achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction
- Monitors food
production, ordering, cost quality and consistency on a daily basis;
proper safety and sanitation of all kitchen facilities and equipment;
Desired qualifications and skills
· Excellent communication and written skills in both French and English;
· Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
· "Do Whatever It Takes" attitude;
· Knowledge of inventory controls and food/labor cost;
· Willing to manage the kitchen with a "hands on" approach;
· Strong knowledge of back of the house operations including foods, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, and food safety;
· True passion for food and hospitality;
· Move about facility and stand for long periods of time;
· Must be available to work days, nights, and weekends as required;
· At least 2 years of Sous Chef experience in a full-service, structured dining establishment;
· Post-secondary diploma from an accredited cooking school, hotel management or related field.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.