Offer published on Sep 30
About Montréal Marriott Château Champlain
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre and also by 1000 de la Gauchetière. This iconic and emblematic hotel in Montreal was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms and can accommodate up to 1000 customers. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Work place: 1050 Rue De La Gauchetière O, Montréal, QC H3B 4C9
Status: Full time
Salary: Starting at 60 000$ per year
Acquired in 2018 by Tidan, this hotel is located in the heart of the Montreal metropolis. The Marriott Château Champlain is a 1-minute walk from the metro, accessible by an underground route, adjacent to the Bell Centre. This iconic Montreal hotel was completely renovated in 2021, with 36 floors, 614 rooms, 13 suites, 25 meeting rooms, and can accommodate up to 1,000 guests. If you are looking for a stylish and modern work environment, join the inspiring team of one of the largest hotels in downtown Montreal.
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for assisting the head chef in managing the culinary operations of the restaurant and banquets. You will coordinate the daily culinary activities of the kitchen, assist in developing new recipes, and ensure compliance with quality and hygiene standards.
The incumbent will be required to coordinate culinary operations in the restaurant and banquet kitchen as per operational needs. This is a golden opportunity for individuals seeking challenges and diversity in their role.
- Assist the head chef in coordinating daily kitchen and banquet activities according to operational needs.
- Participate in meal planning and preparation.
- Supervise and mentor kitchen staff.
- Maintain food quality and hygiene standards.
- Contribute to the development of new recipes and the creation of appealing menus.
- Manage ingredient stocks and inventory.
- Train and motivate the kitchen team to achieve performance goals.
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness and compliance with food safety regulations.
- Collaborate with the head chef to optimize kitchen efficiency and productivity.
- Assume the responsibilities of the head chef in their absence.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- Strong team management skills.
- Effective organization and time management.
- Sense of hygiene and food safety standards.
- Good communication skills.
- Adaptability and resistance to stress.
- Culinary creativity.
- Ability to train and mentor kitchen staff.
Required years of experience:
- 5 to 10 years of experience in high-volume restaurant kitchen, including 3 to 5 years in a management role.
Who are we:
Tidan is a hotel and real estate group in business for 52 years with a portfolio of 12 hotels and more than 65 real estate properties, as well as the largest tennis club across North America. To learn more about Tidan, visit our website: https://www.tidan.com/en/.
Why join our team:
Apart from competitive salaries, we offer benefits, such as group insurance which constitutes life insurance, disability insurance, and medical and dental insurance, in addition to vision care. Our employees have 24/7 virtual access to healthcare professionals through the Employee Assistance Program. You have personal days and vacations that are planned according to the department and the hotel you join. A bonus is also provided via our referral program and more.
Social life is at the heart of the company, especially after the pandemic, each hotel has a social calendar. The Tidan Human Resources team is always there to listen to you and support you on your journey through the company.
We believe in teamwork and are committed to creating a high-performing team whether through training or by strengthening team relationships. We have an admiration for our employees who set themselves professional challenges, and we support them in achieving them. Take the step and join the Tidan team through our many job opportunities, whether in the hotel or real estate sector, there is a place for you.
Diplôme d'études professionnelles