Offer published on Mar 17
Inspired by Roman trattorias, Jacopo celebrates Italian flair and rustic charms with dishes focussed on fresh, seasonal ingredients, and specialty cured meats. Enjoy their veranda and their terrace during summer, or dine in the comfort of their friendly dining room.
The sous-chef ensures that the operations of his kitchen run smoothly. In collaboration with the chef, he plans, organizes, directs and controls the operation of the kitchen to ensure that the quality and quantity standards set by the company are met. Directly involved in daily operations, he sees to the training and good performance of the members of his brigade. Through his qualities as a leader and manager, he develops and maintains team spirit and creates a strong sense of belonging.
· Control and direct the work of all cooks in the kitchen;
· Carry out the daily inspection of the kitchen;
· Ensure customer satisfaction through the speed of service and the quality of the dishes presented;
· Motivate the team in the performance of their work;
· Manage human resources within the team (hiring, training, scheduling, work distribution, performance evaluation, disciplinary measures);
· Ensure the application of hygiene, sanitation, health and safety standards at work;
· Propose new products and carry out tests;
· Manage financial resources (preparation of budgets, control of operating costs, etc.);
· Manage the material resources (inventory management, supplies, negotiations with suppliers, etc.) allocated to his department;
· Ensure effective management of the food inventory in order to guarantee the quality of the products used and minimize losses;
· Follow up on purchases, the quality of goods received and ensure vigilance with respect to theft;
· Communicate and collaborate with the dining room management team to ensure the overall smooth running of banquets and events;
- Group RRSP and DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plan);
- Group insurance plan;
- 50% employee discount in all our establishments for the employee and 3 guests;
- Be part of a corporate culture that promotes employee appreciation;
- Employee recognition events;
- Company in full growth (possibilities of evolution and personal development).
• DEP in institutional cooking or any other training deemed relevant;
• A minimum of three (3) years of kitchen experience;
• Experience in a hospitality context, a considerable asset;
• Strong interest in teamwork;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Ability to replace and manage each position in the kitchen;
• Good sense of organization;
• Good communication skills, in French and English, both orally and in writing.