We’re looking for a Sous Chef that’s passionate about testing and executing recipes to perfection and helping our members discover their inner chef! Come join our Culinary team that writes, tests and executes all the Goodfood recipes. You will report to the Manager of Culinary Development and be responsible for testing and cooking 20+ new recipes each week. The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience working in a test kitchen environment, a degree in culinary arts and is a meticulously organized master of their domain.
- Cook all recipes for food styling and photography
- Cook all recipes for tasting and evaluation
- Manage test kitchen inventory of fridges, freezers, dry storage and equipment
- Create shopping lists for weekly test kitchen ingredient needs including fresh produce, dry storage, proteins and more
- Pick up/shop for some ingredients weekly
- Collect ingredients from warehouse storage
- Portion and weigh ingredients for each recipe to be tested
- Test all new recipes and evaluate for portion size, cooking time, flavour profile, cooking techniques, etc.
- Edit recipes for clarity and ease of use in EN and FR
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Minimum 18 months experience cooking in test kitchen, catering company, restaurant or similar
- Culinary degree
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Strong understanding of market and client needs and expectations
- Competence in Google Docs and Excel, experience with Slack and Asana an asset
- High proficiency in English and French (oral and written)
- Experience in a test kitchen environment a major asset
- Experience in cooking for food styling/photography an asset
- Experience in recipe writing and development an asset
- Access to a car, driver's licence and a flexible schedule a major asset
How do you know if this opportunity is for you?
- You thrive in a fast paced, bilingual environment
- You enjoy a continuous improvement mentality
- You have a strong “Problem-solving” approach
- You are autonomous and have sense of initiative
- You have a passion for food and cooking
- You have client-satisfaction at heart and are ready to make it your number one priority
- E-commerce/Startup work environment.
- Competitive Group Insurances.
- Personal -No Questions asked- days.
- Monthly all-employee bonus program.
- Directly contribute to company results.Free Coffee & Parking!
- Weekly visits from a Massage Therapist
- Bi-weekly Happy Hours
- Fully stocked fridges- variety of cold beverages for employees