Magog, QC, Stanstead, QC, and Sherbrooke, QC
This position may be eligible for a per diem or per km travel allowance.
Here we GROW AGAIN!!! Are you a Sous Chef who is passionate about food? Are you always looking for new ideas to incorporate into your recipes? Are you someone who can’t help but make friends with people? You have more than 3 years of experience in a food service/cafeteria? LOOK NO FURTHER!!!
Dana Hospitality is a Canadian owned food service provider that focuses on transforming the food service experience, every day. We are passionate about cooking from scratch with local ingredients to create exceptional cuisine. We are looking for a Sous Chef to join our team in Stanstead, QC.This is a pivotal role within our team and the successful candidate will be looking for the opportunity to engage our customers, wowing them with his/her culinary talent and exceptional personality, and motivating staff with their passion for food.
The Position Will...
- Create dishes that are made from scratch using products that are grown and sourced locally
- Work alongside staff to create healthy and delicious meals to be served to our guests, paying attention to not only taste but also presentation and the food service experience
- Get to know our customers, building a relationship and listening to their feedback to help improve our culinary offerings and service
- Champion the Dana Hospitality brand; embrace local suppliers and local sourcing opportunities, create delicious food items using preparation techniques that maintain the nutritious content of the food, create as many items from scratch as possible, and empower the staff to be adaptive and willing to change directions to accommodate customer requests
- Assist in managing the aspects of the business which can include; cash flow, budget, talent management, client and customer relations, inventory, food health and safety, and overall operational excellence
- Maintain and implement any new Company procedures and programs including diet and allergy awareness
- Develop a team you can be proud of by recruiting, training, coaching, and motivating your team to take ownership of their roles
- Work closely with our operations team to establish goals and strategies to continuously improve the units performance
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or formal culinary training
- 3+ years of recent related experience in the food service industry working with high volume culinary teams
- ServeSafe and/or FoodSafe certified
- Thorough knowledge of regulations regarding the food service industry
- Superior communication skills in verbal and written English and French
- Excellent culinary tastes and an artistic flair for creating unique meals and appealing presentations
- Experience leading high-performance teams with a track record of producing results while motivating team members
- Able to effectively handle the concerns of employees, customers, and clients with tact while adhering to confidentiality policies
- Able to effectively use a computer and all related software, including POS equipment
In return Dana offers great perks for your hard work...
- Health and Dental benefits plan
- Flexible hours
- Long Term Disability discounted group plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- RRSP plan