Social event sales, catering & wedding administrator
Are you ready for this opportunity!
You will be responsible for soliciting new catering accounts, including entertaining and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and/or exceed food and beverage revenue goals. You will coordinate and oversee client functions to ensure the experience has exceeded the client’s expectations. Your role will emphasize on monitoring all contractual agreements pertaining to guest room blocks, meeting space, food and beverage and special concessions. You will be responsible for effectively communicating with all hotel departments to successfully execute the group’s needs while maintaining an outstanding client relationship.
Major areas of responsibility/ management include, but are not limited to:
- Handle inquiry calls, proposals, negotiations and contracts according to departmental procedures for wedding leads;
- Schedule site visits and provide assistance to any walk-in clients insuring each guest leaves with a positive impression;
- Selling events and private dining space using departmental policy and procedures;
- Ensure event details are accurate and entered into the sales and catering system;
- Generate and close wedding and social event contracts including catering, event space and accommodations;
- Ability to creatively resolve guests concerns or challenges using business acumen skills and discretion;
- Interact with services, banquet and culinary teams to ensure smooth flow to the clients;
- Responsible for achieving sales goals, utilize creative methods to close business;
- Serve as Manager on Duty on regular basis;
- Provide quarterly production data to Director of Sales and Marketing;
- Attend weekly staff meetings and provide update on business;
- Work closely with reservations team to support proper management of room blocks;
- To maintain continuity, continue to follow up with clients once turned definite and passed on to service and operations teams.
- 3 years in hospitality, sales, wedding management and coordination experience;
- Familiarity with food and beverage basics, menu planning and private/group event coordination;
- Ability to effectively communicate with guests, management and co-workers;
- Knowledge of current wedding trends;
- Computer proficiency and ability to work with Delphi, Excel and Microsoft Office programs.
- Previous Catering Sales experience strongly preferred;
- Luxury hotel experience strongly preferred.