The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The Lead Therapist is responsible for assisting the Spa Manager with management and growth of all spa staff. This person will be called upon to supervise therapists and receptionists to ensure compliance with Four Seasons core standards as well as prepare schedules, train and coach them. They will also perform daily walkthroughs of the spa in order to check cleanliness, set up and report any broken items.
- Verify that attendant staffs are present and performing opening or closing duties.
- Participate in regular staff meetings keep employees informed of hotel policies and changes as well as ways to increase sales and service.
- Keep the Director of Spa informed about the department, all employees' performance, and guests concerns and comments.
- Convey clear instructions and guidance to staff and establish working relationships that attain a high level of effective employee morale.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure a supporting team of professionals.
- Perform daily walkthrough of the spa in order to check cleanliness, set up and report any broken things. Must be done in the morning.
- Monitor the housekeeping standards and mechanical effectiveness of all facilities, report deficiencies as they occur and follow-up.
- Maintain a safe and hazard free environment for all staff and guests and promote safety awareness at all times.
- Control the hygiene and stocking system in the prep room.
- Issue work orders for engineering team to follow up on and repair.
- Review all suggestions and comments from guests and make necessary adjustments.
- Handle guest complaints and to notify spa management promptly.
- Interact with guests, providing full knowledge and assistance for maximum guest usage in a friendly but unobtrusive manner.
- Greet all guests who enter the Spa and ask pertinent questions, to determine their needs and preferences.
- Check appointments by being aware of bookings 2 days in advance and yield them and the shifts accordingly.
- Ensure all spa treatment procedures are accurately written and filed in spa department.
- Develop all operation manuals for department and implement training programs to ensure the staff is well informed about their duties and responsibilities.
- Be responsible for the administration of goods, requisitions, retail inventories, storage and cost-effective usage of all department related materials and assets, according to Standards to ensure for smooth operation.
- Maintain a log (Lotus Notes) with important information to be passed on to management.
- Utilize the log book and follow daily work sheet.
- Anticipate, in advance, all materials and supplies and ensure their availability at all times;
- Perform inventory and correct storage level.
- Assist in purchasing and sourcing of spa supplies and products. Calculate cost per treatments and product usage
- Complete daily statistical report.
- Checking balance and make sure that when time allows the staff is using the over time, annual leave and public holidays accordingly without accumulating it.
- Do the monthly training calendar based on HR training calendar.
- Take initiatives in developing skills and adding knowledge on new spa treatments and products.
- Update the therapist skills in the software after test is passed.
- When receiving items makes sure to have a copy of the invoice to be attached with the PO. Enters into spa soft inventory system and checks off each item.
- Supervise delivery of flowers, consumables, water and laundry delivery of clean/soiled linens
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- The ability to have a thorough understanding of every spa service including benefits, indications and contraindications
- The ability to up sell treatments and services without seeming “hard sell”.
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent team management skills are required to engage and motivate a diverse and dynamic team;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner and with integrity at all times, including outside the hotel while on business;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Lotus Notes;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience with diversity of Spa, Fitness and Wellness related management positions;
- College diploma preferably specialising in Business Management is encouraged, however, not essential if applicants have previous relevant work experience as therapists or estethicians.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.