Senior Accounting Manager
We are a multifaceted hospitality group that recently purchased two hotels in Montreal and we are looking to grow our asset portfolio within Quebec. We are looking for a results-driven and confident "Senior Accounting Manager" to manage our accounting operations.
Duties for the Senior Accounting Manager will include managing accounting records, preparing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, filing monthly tax returns and government remittances, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, excellent problem-solving skills, and be highly organized.
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting and Inventory Accounting
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional accountant duties as necessary
- Proven working experience as an accountant or a controller
- Candidates must be bilingual in English and French
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Hotel accounting experience is a bonus
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills