We love what we do – and it shows! Time Out Market is the division of Time Out that brings our food and cultural experiences to life for our guests, readers and clients. We are opening a new Time Out Market in Montreal in conjunction with our partners, Ivanhoe Cambridge under a management and lease agreement.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the finance department and all finance related activities for the Market. We are looking for an experienced accountant, capable of preparing reliable and timely financial information to upper management, Group finance and other stakeholders.
- Work and communicate closely with the General Manager of the Market.
- Manage the month-end accounting and reconciliation process using
- Assess Market performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy
- Oversee the reporting requirements and deadlines for both the TOM
Group and our
partners, Ivanhoe Cambridge.
- Prepare and report weekly business KPIs to top management using the POS system
- Assist with treasury management, oversee local banking
relationships and prepare
weekly cash flow updates to TOM Group finance;
- Assist with organizing the weekly payment schedule and Subtenant reporting.
- Monitor operations, analyzing and controlling the execution of the
activity plans and
annual budget. Proactively seek to reduce costs and improve profit.
- Prepare and consolidate the annual budget and reforecast in coordination with other departments;
- Manage tax obligations and compliance with tax requirements alongside outsourced tax advisers;
- Assist with half-year and year-end audit work, including preparation of reports for internal sign off;
- Oversee human resources and admin activities;
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external presentations;
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of an internal control system;
- Oversee / approve incidental purchases;
- Develop and manage accounts staff
- Ad hoc projects for business as needed.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty;
- Experience in similar role for 4-7 years;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- Experience in SAP preferred, but not necessary;
- Background in publicly listed company a plus.