Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Division: Sales and Marketing
Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential in both English and French, both orally and in writing.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
The sales coordinator is responsible for assisting the sales team in all administrative tasks by entering reservations made by the team in Opera in accordance with hotel standards and sales manager’s instructions. One of their main tasks is to manage all of the administrative aspects of group reservations in Delphi and Opera, which in the case of Delphi, implies the banquets side of the reservations when they are associated with an event at the hotel. The coordinator is responsible for updating all contracts between the hotel and the various business partners as well as audit and verify that all activities and accounts are up to date. He/She will provide assistance on a daily basis by producing market analysis’ reports thus providing the sales team with accounts history which will allow them to better prospect potential clients. This person will also be called upon to help with the centralization, analysis and archiving of results before these are entered in the database by the Director of Sales.
- Enter and update regularly all reservations made by the sales team in Opera;
- Enter and update regularly all group requests and banquet group requests in Delphi;
- Ensure that Cvent, Lanyon, Meeting Broker and Starcite are kept up to date at all times;
- Partake in managing all parameters, reports and audits relative to the Delphi program;
- Edit key reports for commercial prospecting;
- Balance numbers in Delphi at the end of each month;
- Perform yearly review of tour operator and corporate contracts;
- Manage list of individual guests with preferential rates: compose and coordinate personalized letters and follow up for any profile updates;
- Keep upper management informed in a prompt and comprehensive manner of all problematic or particular situations brought to their attention so as to ensure proper corrective measures can be applied as quickly as possible;
- Resolve complex situations and take charge regarding complaints that concern sales coordinator responsibilities and take the necessary measures to correct them;
- Understand and carefully use all electronic tools such as Delphi to keep the team updated on all current events and important updates to follow-up accounts;
- Have a basic understanding of colleague’s business partnerships in order to assist them and answer eventual client inquiries when colleagues are absent;
- Participate in telephone meetings on various programs (Preferred Partner, American Express, Virtuoso, BDI…) et give a summary to absent team members;
- Execute all other tasks or projects assigned by management;
- Participate in Lobby Lizard shifts;
- Execute any other designated task;
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner and with integrity at all times, including outside the hotel while on business;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point, Adobe, Lotus Notes, Delphi and Opera;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- College diploma in hotel management, administration or related field.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.