Internal Job Opportunity Sales Manager
Posting Date: September 18 2019 Deadline to Apply: September 24 2019
Reports to: Director of Sales & Marketing
· Researches market in order to identify potential sources of business within the market segment(s) assigned
· Solicits business through pre-planned personal sales calls, mailers, marketplaces, attendance at receptions, promotions, telephone calls, etc.
· Follows up all sales activities
· Accurately confirms all bookings, quotes and negotiates rates while adhering to hotel rate structure, credit policies and general hotel and corporate policies and procedures
· Adheres to a quota pre-determined by the Director of Sales & Marketing
· Maintains client production tracking, re-acting to production drop off by re-qualifying and re-soliciting
· Is in close contact with the client or group while in house in order to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business
· Is constantly involved with client/consumer feedback in order to maintain product need and standard
· Recommends ways and means of maximization of hotel revenue through sales strategies or any other package within the hotel (including F&B sales)
· Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors, with respect to product, rate, positioning and policies
· Attends trade shows/marketplaces as per the Marketing plan or as the need arises
· Submits sales reports to DOS, accurately outlining all sales activities
· Participates in formulation of the annual Marketing Plan by offering market research, history, strategies
· Attends all Sales Meetings
· Additional duties as assigned by the Director of Sales and Marketing.
Positive, can-do attitude and work ethic
Sell creative and innovative ideas to guests
Excellent communication and coordination skills with internal and external guests
Outstanding guest service skills.
Flexible hours based on upcoming events and groups to include weekends & evenings
Minimum of 2-4 years’ sales experience
Previous Hotel catering experience or event venue an asset
Experience with Opera and Microsoft Word/Excel is beneficial
Bachelor’s degree and/or Hotel Management degree
(written & verbal) in English, French would be an asset
Novotel is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. Novotel is also committed to ensuring that each individual will have genuine, open and unhindered access to employment opportunities. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact us. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, we will only contact those selected for an interview.