Les Hôtels St-Martin Inc. Group (Montréal) is in search of a dynamic and experienced individual for the position of Sales Manager. This proactive leader and member of the sales team will report to the General Manager and Director of Sales.
The candidate will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, market research and client analysis, as well as cold calling, preparing proposals and contracts, completing weekly sales reports and prospecting in and around the island of Montreal a minimum of three days per week.
This ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
- Proactive Sales approach, assertive and fast-paced, driven to succeed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a high degree of accountability
- Track record of developing long term relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and forging deep relationships with current and potential clients
- The ability to attend and/or participate as exhibitor at various networking events with meeting planners, organizations, and corporate decision makers.
Key responsibilities of the Sales Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Managing corporate accounts/groups to maximize business potential
- Managing and monitoring all sales leads
- Negotiating contracts, ensuring that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented
- Aggressively pursuing new accounts, consistently making prospecting calls
- Consistently warm-calling and booking repeat business
- Developing long term business relationships
- Making on-site and field presentations to prospective clients
- Developing and implementing sales strategies
- Researching and analyzing market trends
- Must own a car. A minimum of 3 days of prospecting in and around the island of Montreal is required as part of the position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Minimum 3 years in sales and management experience in the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
- Set annual revenue goals with the sales team and assist in the attainment of overall revenue goals.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills for dealing with clients and peers
- Good computer skills: Microsoft office, IQware PMS (an asset), etc.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Required to be self motivated, decisive, responsible and capable of working under stressful conditions
- Present a friendly and cooperative disposition
- Must possess analytical skills to prepare reports and to solve routine problems
- Must have the ability to meet deadlines for the production of reports