Offer published on Sep 12
Why are you important?
You will represent our facility to potential clientele and be responsible for solicitation as well as management of inbound requests for events, groups & corporate agreements.
Nature of the work
Are you motivated by the achievement of objectives while demonstrating innovation and creativity? Are you known for your autonomy and excellent interpersonal skills? Discover the position of sales maanager, it will surely please you.
● Target and solicit customers for specific market segments.
● Establish and maintain business relationships with potential customers.
● Gather market and competitive information to evaluate and implement long-term strategy and objectives
● Evaluate incoming inquiries and explore different business opportunities to achieve goals.
● Negotiate agreements, develop proposals and close contracts.
● Pay particular attention to the execution of all aspects of event planning, including coordination of specific events, VIP needs, amenities, menus, etc.
● Organize and lead walk-throughs to meet with guests and discuss their needs.
● Manage room blocks and details in the reservation system (Delphi) as well as effectively communicate this information to the appropriate departments.
● Participate in trade shows, external activities with clients and make prospecting trips as needed.
● Maintain a good relationship/communication with the different departments of the hotel and the SageBlan regional team.
● All other related tasks.
● Monday to Friday during the day
● Flexible schedule
● Full time permanent
● Salary to be discussed according to experience.
● Group insurance with at least 50% covered by the company.
● 100$ transportation bonus (upon presentation of invoice)
● 50$ bonus for cell phone reimbursement (upon presentation of invoice)
● 3 weeks of vacation per year and 4 weeks after 5 years
● Hyatt employee discount.
● Advancement opportunities: If you wish to develop your skills and progress, it is possible. We have several hotels in Montreal and in the region!
● Excellent interpersonal skills.
● Communication skills
● Excellent organizational skills
● Excellent stress tolerance
Essential skills and attitudes
● Motivated to achieve results, innovative, creative.
● Strong organizational skills and excellent time management.
● Fluent in English and French, both written and spoken.
● Computer literate, MS Office suite.
● Experience in the hotel industry, preferably as a Sales Representative, an asset
● College diploma in hotel management, administration or other related field, an asset
● Mastery of Envision & Opera software, an asset
● Knowledge of the sales process, an asset
● Experience as a sales representative in the hotel industry, an asset
Depending on your educational background, between 3 and 5 years of relevant experience related to the position, often in the operational field of a tourism company.