Division: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Director of Sales
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential in both English and French, both orally and in writing.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
- Travel, sometimes outside the country, is required to connect with strategic clients to secure business for the hotel;
- Create accounts, contacts, and group bookings and log all activities in Golden Sales & Catering platform.
- Conduct site visits with Travel Managers;
- Work with the Director of Revenue Management to sell at the right price, at the right time to maximize hotel revenue;
- Negotiate with clients and achieve maximum income / potential profit, while satisfying customer needs;
- Evaluate, solicit, sell and confirm contracts as required, to achieve individual objectives and overall sales and profit budget;
- Keep supervisors fully informed of any issues or significant unusual issues brought to their attention so that corrective actions can be quickly taken in a timely manner;
- Establish contact with hotel guests to promote the hotel's image and stimulate additional business, confirm reservations or references at other Four Seasons hotels;
- Assist in the development and execution of projects in defined market areas, to increase sales activity;
- Participate in sales meetings of companies and organizations in designated market(s) to represent the hotel and the brand;
- Have a thorough professional knowledge of the local competitive market;
- Resolve complex situations and be able to deal with complaints that fall within his/her responsibilities and take the necessary steps so that it does not happen again;
- Remain involved in operations to ensure the smooth arrival for all groups or individual reservations;
- Manage daily requests by phone and / or email and manage those of colleagues when they are traveling or on vacation;
- Knowing your colleagues’ markets in order to be able to assist them and answer any questions from clients when they are absent;
- Participate in meetings on the various programs (Preferred Partner, Virtuoso, etc.) and be able to return to the members of the team that could not participate;
- Work closely with all departments of the hotel and support to achieve common goals;
- Enter, maintain and update information in Golden Sales & Catering and ensure proper follow-up with clients and colleagues during absences;
- Maintain the confidentiality of information in the hotel, including conversations, personal information and guest records;
- Comply with Four Seasons standards in its relationship and interactions with customers, colleagues and management;
- Properly respond to any emergency situation at the hotel;
- Participate in Operations Manager Shifts ("Lobby Lizard");
- Perform other related tasks.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Comprehensive understanding of hotel revenue management;
- Demonstrates positive team spirit;
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner and with integrity at all times, including outside the hotel while on business;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Publisher and Power Point, Adobe, Lotus Notes, and Opera;
- 3 to 4-year experience in a similar position;
- College diploma in hotel management, administration or related field.
What's in it for you?
- Extended Health Coverage (dental, vision, life insurance, RMT, prescription drugs, etc) after probationary period;
- Discounts at MARCUS Restaurant and our 5-Star Spa;
- Employee theme recognition days and events- Employee of the month, Years of service celebrations, birthday events, etc;
- Complimentary meal per shift in our employee dining room (Café 1440) ;
- Retirement plan with employer contribution;
- Paid time off; vacation days and 2 additional floating holidays per year;
- Excellent training and development program;
- Employee Travel Program, including complimentary stays at Four Seasons globally (by length of service and subject to availability).
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.