Offer published on Nov 15
SALES MANAGER (DUAL PROPERTY)
At InnVest, our mission is simple – to deliver outstanding guest experiences and superior returns on quality hospitality investment. A career at InnVest will provide you with unrivaled opportunities and invaluable exposure to Canada’s largest independently-owned and operated hotel portfolio.
The Sales Manager is responsible to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by securing new business by negotiating Local accounts, Group business, Athletic, SMERF, Government, Union, Tour and Leisure opportunities and coordinating the execution of the business with other departments. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible to secure meeting space contracts inclusive of food & beverage. Must also be involved in maximizing department operations to meet or exceed our annual budget expectations.
The duties and responsibilities for the Sales Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
· Achieve established room night, meeting room and sales call quotas (including solicitation calls, customer sites, entertaining, and other correspondence).
· Proactively solicits and qualifies existing and new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. This will be done through sales calls, trade shows, promotions, inquiries, telephone contacts and sales trips.
· Develop new customer partnerships along with nurturing existing relationships.
· Promptly send proposals, contracts, and other sales correspondence.
· Accurately confirm all bookings, quotes and negotiate rates while adhering to hotel rate structure, credit policies and general hotel policies and procedures.
· Assist in booking and finalizing catering contracts.
· Proactively work with hotel Brand sales colleagues to increase account share.
· Maintain an up -to-date accurate client file, database, and tracking system.
· Research markets to identify potential sources of business and increase market share.
· Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors and industry trends.
· In close contact with the client or group while in house to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business.
· Involved with guest feedback to maintain product need and standard of hotel performance.
· Produces and implements quarterly action plan to achieve weekly activities quotas and annual revenue goal.
· Participates in formulation of annual Sales Plan.
· Ensure excellent lines of communication interdepartmentally.
· Attend related tradeshows and conducts sales trips as required to find new business and manage existing partnerships.
· Conducts site tours for clients.
· Community involvement – attend appropriate community functions and become part of local business organizations
· Prepare sales reports and attend regular sales meetings.
· Participate in the weekly Manager on duty program.
· Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales.
COMPETENCIES WE ARE SEEKING:
· Good understanding of hotel operations and is passionate about the industry
· Minimum of 2 year of Hotel Sales Manager experience
· Marriott brand experience is an asset
· Hotel operations experience with an understanding on how business is contracted through various sales channels (end user, intermediaries) is an asset
· Is an aggressive self-starter with strong ability to build rapport with guests and potential clients
· Self-motivated, decisive, responsible, and driven to achieve goals
· Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills
· Excellent selling, relationship building and organizational skills with a High degree of professionalism and dedication
· Good understanding and technical knowledge of various social media channels
· Ability to meet both short-term and long-term business goals
· Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer
· Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
· Experience in using sales, catering, and PMS systems
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
· Ability to work flexible hours and meet the demands of the changing environment
- Health and Dental Benefits
- LTD insurance
- Discounts programs in Hotels all over the world: Marriott Hotels discounts / InnVest Hotels Discounts
- Parking underground
- Dry cleaning
- And a great team!
- InnVest Hotels is an inclusive employer. As such, we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We appreciate all applications, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.