The Sales Manager is responsible to achieve hotel revenue, profit and customer satisfaction goals by negotiating Locally Negotiated Rates, Group business, Athletic, SMERF, Government, Union, Tour and Leisure and coordinating the execution of the business with other departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieve established room night quotas and sales call quotas (including solicitation calls, customer sites, entertaining, and other correspondence)
- Proactively solicits and qualifies existing and new business to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals. This will be done through sales calls, trade shows, promotions, inquiries, telephone contacts and sales trips
- Develop new customer partnerships along with nurturing existing relationships (evening and weekends as required)
- Promptly send proposals, contracts and other sales correspondence
- Accurately confirm all bookings, quotes and negotiate rates while adhering to hotel rate structure, credit policies and general hotel policies and procedures
- Maintain an up -to-date accurate client file, any database and tracking system
- Research markets in order to identify potential sources of business and increase market share
- Responsible for full market knowledge as it relates to competitors and industry trends
- In close contact with the client or group while in house in order to ensure satisfaction and also to enable re-solicitation for future business
- Involved with guest feedback in order to maintain product need and standard of hotel performance
- Produces and implements quarterly action plan to achieve weekly activities quotas and annual revenue goal.
- Participates in formulation of annual Sales Plan
- Contribute ideas to the Sales action plans based on customer's feedback, knowledge of the marketplace and sales targets
- Ensure excellent lines of communication within the Sales and Events department and interdepartmentally
- Attend related tradeshows and conducts sales trips as required to find new business and manage existing partnerships
- Conducts site tours for clients. Entertain clients in-house or in restaurants near client’s offices, and at approved social functions.
- Prepare sales reports and attend regular sales meetings
- Good understanding of hotel operations and is passionate about the industry.
- Minimum of 3 year of Hotel Sales Manager experience.
- Minimum of 2-5 years hotel operations experience with an understanding on how business is contracted through various sales channels (end user, intermediaries).
- Is an aggressive self-starter with strong ability to build rapport with guests and potential clients
- Self-motivated, decisive, responsible and driven to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling, relationship building and organizational skills with a High degree of professionalism and dedication
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of various social media channels
- Ability to meet both short-term and long-term business goals
- Effective decision-making skills and can choose a course of action best suited to the customer
- Proven problem-solving skills and encourage new innovative solutions when appropriate
- Experience in using sales, catering and PMS systems
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work flexible hours and meet the demands of the changing environment