Room Service Assistant Manager (Opening 2019)
Division: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Director of Restaurants
Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential in both English and French, both orally and in writing.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
This job posting has a tentative start date for Winter 2019.
The Room Service Assistant Manager is responsible for supervising the Room service team as well as the room servicing process. This person will have to lead the team to ensure an ideal work environment, which respects the rules of hygiene, quality criteria as well as Four Seasons standards and all other collaborators. This implies fostering a good team spirit and having a refined and welcoming personality. The Assistant Manager of this department will have to coach and manage the room service team as well as demonstrate empathy and a generous spirit when interacting with guests.
- Responsible for the room service department;
- Works with the Director of Restaurants to maintain the highest standards of hygiene, service and presentation in the restaurant as well as among staff;
- Encourage a cooperative spirit between departments and in particular with the kitchen;
- Ensures that a high level of personal hygiene and professional appearance are maintained both by themselves and by the entire room service team as per the hotel’s uniform and grooming policy;
- Keeps tabs on restaurant equipment and helps keep everything organized and clean;
- Attends and/or organizes department meetings;
- Supervises the room servicing process and takes the necessary and appropriate measures to correct any shortcomings;
- Projects a positive, professional and pleasant image for guests and employees alike;
- Trains employees to anticipate and respond to guest requests;
- Delivers service in an attentive manner whilst being cautious and discrete;
- Handles guest complaints and promptly offers solutions;
- Creates and maintains a record of “guest preferences” (favorite drink, preferred table placement, birthdays, family celebrations, etc.);
- Regularly inspects the Room Service work spaces both at the front and back of the house;
- Ensures all health and safety norms are followed and maintained;
- Prepares and reviews all scheduling of Room Service staff so as to properly reflect operational needs;
- Trains staff in order to help them grow within the company and ensure consistency within the department;
- Ensures training manuals are accurate and kept up to date;
- Ensures all communications are done in an efficient and cordial way within the department;
- Alongside the Executive Chef and Director of Restaurants contributes to the analysis, evaluation, review and update of the printed menus in order to target desired markets for the hotel;
- Keep very tight control over all things related to security, in particular the master keys;
- Conducts and supports recruitment in their department;
- Do regular rounds of the guest floors to ensure all trays have been picked up;
- Act as quality control for all VIP room amenities;
- Prepares monthly financial reports (forecasts, covers and labor);
- Participate in Operations Manager Shifts ("Lobby Lizard");
- Perform any other related tasks.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner and with integrity at all times, including outside the hotel while on business;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Stand, walk, kneel and bend down for long periods of time over the course of the day;
- Carry and move objects of various weights using the appropriate postures and movements in order to work safely;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Lotus Notes;
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- College diploma in hotel management or related field.
International foreign candidates within Four Seasons will be considered. Visas and work permit will be sponsored by the employer. Due to limited budgets, the relocation policy will not be fully applied.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.