Offer published on Sep 14
Le Brouillon is one of the first Café-Buvette on Plaza St-Hubert. A gathering place for Montreal's creative community through its collaborations and events, but above all an inclusive and unifying place where it's good to work by day over a good third-wave coffee or have a glass of natural wine with friends by night. With a unique menu inspired by Afro comfort food with a gastro twist, and creative cocktails inspired by current arrivals, Brouillon stands out for its culinary experience.
We're looking for a director with a lot of experience in restaurant management to come and run our beautiful establishment. Someone with a strategic mindset who's not afraid to push event ideas, optimize restaurant operations and who has people management in their blood. Someone who understands the creative potential of a committed kitchen team, supervises a service team to push our service offering and, above all, someone who knows how to push everyone's full potential to make our staff shine.
- Prepare budgets, control operating and material costs
- Control labor costs
- Control food and beverage supplies
- Negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Participate in inventory accounting, follow up and ensure sound inventory management
- Hire, train, assign work, develop schedules, evaluate performance and manage conflicts
- Motivate, inspire and support your team in their daily activities
- Establish, apply and enforce restaurant and company policies and procedures
- Prepare reports required by management and participate in management meetings with the restaurant owner
- Inspect facilities daily and ensure compliance with hygiene, sanitation and occupational health and safety standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness and elegance of the restaurant
- Participate with the Executive Chef and Sommelier in the development of menus and decide on prices to be displayed according to budgets, taking into account costs and profits sought.
- Ensure increased and continuous control and consistency of service, food and beverage quality.
- Monitor competition, market and trends to develop promotional and pricing strategies, and analyze results.
Customer service :
- Ensure the quality of reception (in person, on the phone, electronically) by greeting customers personally as much as possible.
- Regularly review and assess customer satisfaction levels, and provide ideas to keep pace with changing market demand.
- Ensure customer satisfaction during and after service
- Resolve customer problems and complaints promptly and professionally
- Achieve objectives by maintaining high standards of customer service and operations management
Creativity and advertising :
- You have access to an advertising agency that can help you develop and promote the Brouillon brand.
- Develop event ideas and partnerships to use our adjacent event space and increase clientele
- Maintain marketing activities on social networks to stay present and boost promotions
- Define unique promotional opportunities with your team to keep customers active
Job type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Annual based on years of experience in line with market standards
Benefits and conditions:
Cell phone paid up to $60
Working hours 35-40h and more as needed
Day shift/evening shift
6 years or more
French / English (Mandatory)