Reservations & Revenue Manager
Le St-Martin Hotel Montreal location is looking for a dynamic and experienced candidate for the position of Reservations and Revenue Manager. This proactive leader and member of the team will report to the Director General.The person must be independent, have a sense of initiative and innovation, and will actively participate in advancing our business by maximizing revenue and actively participating in various projects throughout the hotel.
Key responsibilities of the Reservations & Revenue Manager include, but are not limited to:Revenue:
- Analysis and daily verification of the rate structure and the inventory of rooms
- Daily analysis and comparison of competition
- Modification of rates and inventory in all distribution systems
- Set up rates in PMS (IQware): regular rates, negotiated rates and packages
- Creation and implementation of promotions
- Participation in the development and analysis of housing revenue budgets
- Participation in weekly revenue meetings with the sales department
- Managing websites and maintaining good relationships with hotel partners
- Respond to customer inquiries and reservations from calls, emails, websites and fax.
- Management of all individual bookings
- Verification of reservations made by the Front Desk agents
- Management and creation of packages
- Training of Front Desk staff to take reservations
- Training of Front Desk staff on booking data entry into the IQware PMS
- Management of accommodation blocks; group entry, creation and activation of the online booking tool, etc.
- Ensure that the correct payment methods and special requests are entered
- Inform other departments of the different groups; preparation of group resumes, follow-up with reception and restaurant supervisors regarding group arrivals.
- Follow up with the group organizers regarding the group pick-up or group cancellation
- Follow up on deposits and group payments
- Contact person for the configuration and understanding of the IQware system
- Calculation and production of commission reports for groups and travel agency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (French and English)
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience in the Hospitality and Tourism industry.
- Set annual revenue goals with the sales team and assist in the attainment of overall revenue goals.
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills for dealing with clients and peers
- Good computer skills: Microsoft office, IQware PMS (an asset), etc.
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Required to be self motivated, decisive, responsible and capable of working under stressful conditions
- Must possess analytical skills to prepare reports and to solve routine problems