Description Reporting to the Complex General Foreman, you will be responsible for providing essential services to workers and visitors to the Raglan mining site and Deception Bay camp. You will plan, organize, oversee and monitor activities of the various hotel departments such as the accommodation complex, housekeeping, laundry as well as room and flight reservations. You will be responsible for planning and managing personnel assigned to these sectors. Finally, you will manage 40 Inuit employees and five (5) head caretakers, all directly reporting to you.
- Work shifts of 11 hours per day.
- Rotation schedule of 2/2: equivalent to 2 consecutive weeks of work followed by 2 weeks of leave.
- Private air transport is provided from Montreal, Quebec, Rouyn-Noranda, Mont-Joli or Inuit communities (depending on place of residence) to the mine site and return.
- Accommodation and meals are provided.
- Competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package.Requirements You ideally hold an attestation of collegial studies (AEC) in hygiene and sanitation or a college diploma in hotel management technology (DEC), in addition to three (3) to five (5) years of recent experience in delivering lodging services and in personnel supervision. You must have good planning and organizational skills and know how to solve complex problems in a creative way. You must be autonomous and have the ability to work with people from various cultural communities. You are an efficient communicator, you act with rigor and have a high ethical sense. You demonstrate openness and flexibility and you actively participate in the identification of solutions to ensure the harmonization of the practices and to assist the continuum of services. You will work with the Microsoft Office suite, SAP, Coupa and a hotel and flight reservation management system. Bilingualism (English and French) is essential.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.mineraglan.ca (under “Apply here” in the “Careers” section). Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Raglan Mine is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2021 HotellerieJobs.com