Regional Sales Manager
We're looking for a dynamic Regional Sales Manager to join our Operations team. The Regional Sales Manager would be directly responsible for negotiating and closing bookings for all assigned hotels in Western Canada region. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the successful candidate needs to be a self-starter who will work with current and potential clients on a daily basis, with accountability for leading business development and working with existing clients to grow their business across assigned portfolio. Requirements
- Initiate all action necessary and appropriate to achieve established budgeted sales/revenue goals.
- Negotiate and close/book accounts that contribute to all hotels revenue forecasts.
- Directly responsible for actively and consistently prospect and develop new sources of business.
- Active sales calls with General Manager in primary markets.
- Develop new business and the promotion of existing business.
- Research and develop strategies and plans which identify opportunities for growth.
- Determine prospective customers from market information and keep accurate records of potential customers to follow through on all potential business.
- Take direct ownership of negotiating, through RFP, national Westmont accounts impacting multiple locations in assigned portfolio.
- Maintain strong relationship and ensures the integrity of the key accounts.
- Represent the company at various communities such as regional tourism organizations and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Respond in a timely manner to all leads and potential business opportunities.
- Participate sales trips, tradeshows and in company lead sales & marketing programs/initiatives.
- Maintain an effective trace and for business leads follow-up system for the key accounts / key prospect database and monitors for accuracy.
- Independently responsible for achievement of sales activities and all objectives outlined in the Sales action plan.
- Governed by concurrent and dynamic deadlines, despite conflicting priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Must have own vehicle and willingness to travel to tradeshows and events as required.
- Frequently required to travel.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Thank you in advance for your interest. However, due to the volume of resumes received, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise in your cover letter when applying for the position and all efforts to provide the appropriate accommodation will be put into place.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University Degree in Business or equivalent along with three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience in Hotel industry with knowledge of competitive markets considered definite asset.
- Ability to identify markets, develop sales/marketing strategies to penetrate markets in line with company business plan.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge/ experience in advertising, and promotional activities.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Positive attitude towards and the ability to work in a team, and able to deliver desired results.
- Exceptional communication and strong interpersonal skills; innovative, resourceful and results oriented.
- Excellent oral & written professional communication skills.
- Computer literacy required, including proficiency in Excel and Word.