Regional Hotel Financial Controller
Reports to: President and/or Vice President of Operations and Development
Direct and organize the activities of the Hotels Accounting Departments, to maintain high standards consistent with the goals of a multi-hotel ownership group in both Canada and the USA. Supervise the Regional Accounting Department and Hotel level accounting teams.
• Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of the Regional Accounting Department and hotel level accounting teams to meet the daily needs of the operation.
• Daily management of financial controls, including cost controls, cash management and projections, bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable
• Produce all mandatory bank and external accountant reports, financial statements or other documentation
• Provide all required corporate tax returns information to the external accountant
• Ensure GST, QST, Income tax, and other legally required account remittances and reporting are maintained and accurate
• Plan and mange tax accounting and analyze tax implications
• Develop and implement financial, accounting and reporting policies and procedures
• Manage all financial and accounting affairs – annual budgets and other financial reports
• Process and handle full cycle payroll for employees in an efficient manner
• Coordinate with head office legal dept. on all legal matters, negotiations, delivery of contracts and lease agreements for any of the hotels
• Full knowledge and ability to operate various computer software programs related to the operations of the hotels and the regional accounting dept.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience
• A CA or CPA designation
• Knowledge of full accounting cycle, taxation, forecasting and cash management
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts without error such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations within the hotel environment.
• Excellent communication English and French skills