Receptionist / Concierge
The reception department of the Auberge du Vieux-Port is currently looking for a courteous, dynamic receptionist - concierge, who will be married to his passion for customer service and concierge. The selected person is focused on customer satisfaction, initiative and resourcefulness. Reporting to the Reception Manager, the receptionist - concierge will be responsible for ensuring the smooth conduct of guests' stay, informing and advising guests on the various tourist, cultural, sporting and other attractions and activities to Montreal. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate customer needs and maintain an excellent relationship with the hotel's internal services.
- Warmly welcome guests;
- Bring together the administrative component and the arrivals and departures service components;
- Manage a cash register, collect payments and record confidential credit card data in the software with diligence;
- Take phone calls and direct them to right departments according to client needs;
- Respond with enthusiasm and professionalism to the guest’s requests;
- Exercise discretion and ensure the confidentiality of our guests.
- Offer personalized service to clients by advising them on attractions and activities in the area based on their interests, budget and length of stay;
- Respond to various inquiries by phone, email, in person, before, during and after the stay;
- Follow up on customer requests effectively;
- Work with the entire hospitality team to identify and exceed guest expectations;
Qualifications and skills required:
- Passionate about Montreal and its attractions and be aware of gastronomic, cultural and tourist news;
- Dynamic and proactive;
- Excellent organization and management of priorities;
- Participatory spirit that flourishes in a context of teamwork;
- Excellent communicator;
- Proficiency in both official languages (French and English) both oral and written, third language an asset;
- Knowledge of the Office Suite;
- Knowledge of hotel management software (Opera, an asset);
- Hotel training (asset);
- neat presentation;
- Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends).