Real Estate Accountant
Reporting to the controller, the accountant will be called upon to work in a dynamic team. Among his main functions, the accountant will collect financial information from the various partners and will review the financial performance of the various properties managed by the management company. In addition, he will assist in the preparation of forecast data as part of the annual budget process and will provide assistance in the execution of internal controls. The incumbent should be an organized individual with proven ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize workloads, all in an autonomous fashion. He will have to analyze several files simultaneously with always the same quality of interpretation and rendering, while respecting tight deadlines. The person will be responsible for the reliability and accuracy of all accounting information for each of the properties under their management.
COGIR Immobilier has nearly 3,500 passionate real estate employees who work day after day to provide the best service and a better quality of life to our clients. Our team manages more than 210 properties located in Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia and recently in the United States. In order to support its strong growth, we are currently looking for a real estate accountant (commercial, residential and seniors' residence).
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Free parking
- Group Insurance
- Sick leave and family obligations
- Mobile leave
- Social leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Social Club activities, gifts and substantial discounts
- Free coffee, tea and herbal tea
- A welcoming and tightly knit team!
- Knowledge of the HOPEM real estate financial management system is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Minimum of 5 years in accounting (experience in property management is an asset)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), accounting option, have a professional CPA designation or in the process of obtaining, an asset