property accountant - USA
Cogir is more than 240 properties located in Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia and the United States. Cogir is also nearly 4,000 passionate real estate employees who work day after day to provide the best service. There are 240 colleagues at the head offices, a work environment that promotes a human management approach, a distinctive employee experience and advantageous conditions. Our DNA and our organizational culture are based on the following actions: humanize, create and surpass ourselves. As we continue to grow, we would like to add a new colleague to the real estate accounting team to support the accounting operations of some of our private seniors' residences.
We are a team of 6 friendly property accounting colleagues for the RPA division in the United States, all keen to provide quality service and a warm welcome to their new partner!
The incumbent will play a very close role in the success of day-to-day operations thanks to their skills, know-how and interpersonal skills. You will be in control of your responsibilities and will work with the confidence of a manager and the support of an experienced team.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Arrive at your brand new workspace, start by gathering the financial information necessary for sound management
- Check balance sheet accounts and update worksheets
- Collaborate on various special projects with your colleagues!
- End the day satisfied with everything you have accomplished!
- Ensure that pre-established deadlines are met by managing your priorities in an informed manner
- Every month, judiciously analyze variances in capital, operational and cash budgets
- In collaboration with the rest of the team, prepare the annual external audit file and answer questions from the auditors
- In short, your involvement will be recognized, your responsibilities will be varied and you will have the collaboration of a tightly knit team!
- Participate in the development of the annual budget for your properties
- Respond to customer requests and questions, both internal and external
- Rigorously prepare journal entries, bank reconciliations and government remittances
- Start the day with a good coffee and a chat with colleagues!
- Unsure of any information, you know that you can count on the support of your manager, his door is always open!
- Your expertise is again called upon to prepare, review and analyze the monthly financial statements of the properties assigned to you.
- Yearly salary to be discussed.
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Corporate discounts
- Group insurance (modular plan)
- 4 weeks annual vacation
- Sick leave and family obligations
- Special holidays (example: your birthday)
- Telemedicine for you and your family
- Recognition of years of service
- SEO bonus
- Employee experience program
- Adapted schedule
- Hybrid teleworking policy
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), accounting option
- Possess a professional CPA designation or in the process of obtaining, an asset
- Experience in the real estate sector an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Mastery of the Office suite tools
- Knowledge of the Yardi financial management system, an asset