Located in a hotel in downtown Montreal, the pool attendant is responsible for providing outstanding welcoming service to our guests while monitoring them and ensuring their safety. He is asked to listen and solve problems, while maintaining a high level of professionalism with our guests.
- Assure security and safety of all users ;
- Make sure the pool deck is dry and waterless by using the squeegee to send water into the drains ;
- When on duty, sit at the table provided so that you are visible from the front door and you can greet guests ;
- Speak to the customers proactively before they even speak to you and answer their questions whenever possible or contact the front desk if you need assistance ;
- Report to the Manager on Duty if a piece of equipment is defective and ask to put in the MOD report all issues so the situation can be quickly resolved ;
- Report accidents, injuries and hazardous working conditions to the Manager on Duty ;
- Know the pool and spa temperature and make sure that the pool thermometer is available ;
- Organize the chairs and tables that are located on the pool and on the terrace ;
- Call the front desk for any problems or complaints with guests ;
- Make sure all rules and policies are followed ;
- Follow all company policies and procedures;
Any other related tasks when requested.
COMPETENCIES, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally, in English and French;
- Have a valid Professional Lifeguarding, National Lifeguarding, Water Instructor, Swimming Instructor and Lifesaving Instructor or Bronze Cross certificate ;
- Maintain a high level of professionalism at all time ;
- Reflect a clean and professional appearance ;
- Display a positive approach as well as capability to empathetically listen to guests needs and requests;
- Able to make decisions and solve problems on your own;
- Flexibility regarding schedules: weekends, mornings, evenings and holidays ;
Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than 15 pounds without assistance.
* Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.