The selected candidate is a person who is creative and resourceful in baking. Reporting to the executive chef, the pastry chef will be responsible for work related to the preparation, making, cooking and decorating pastries and desserts as well as the presentation of the plates.
Essential functions of the job:
• Prepare recipes or special orders;
• Select or develop recipes;
• Determine the necessary ingredients and their quantities;
• Cook prepared products;
• Glaze and decorate desserts;
• may order food and supplies;
• Ensure products meet the required quality standards;
• Ensure food safety by respecting the hygiene and sanitation codes;
• Keep workplaces and tools clean and in good order.
Qualifications and skills required:
• French and English (spoken and written);
• DEP in pastry;
• Significant experience in a similar position;
• Care for a job well done and details;
• Quick to perform tasks;
• Able to work under pressure.