Offer published on Feb 08
Reporting directly to the Executive Chef and the Sous-Chef, the Pastry Chef takes care of the daily planning and preparation of pastries, desserts, and other assorted confections as well as any other assigned tasks.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Preparing recipes or special orders
• Selecting or developing recipes
• Act as a leader and provide training to other Team members
• Determine necessary ingredients and their required quantity
• Bake prepared products
• Ice and decorate desserts
• Order, when needed, food items and other supplies
• Ensure effective management of inventory to ensure the quality of the products used and to minimize losses
• Ensure that the products meet the required quality standards
• Ensure food safety by respecting hygiene and sanitation codes
• Keep workspaces and tools clean and in good order
Benefits and Privileges:
• Position is seasonal from May to October
• Compensation to be discussed during the interviews
• Participation in seasonal staff meal program
• Complimentary golfing privileges (subject to employee restrictions)
Skills and Qualifications
• Diploma or Certificate in Pastry
• Attention to detail
• Experience leading a Team
• Significant experience in gourmet cuisine
• Ability to provide efficient service for banquets
• Experience in a pastry chef position
• Please forward your C.V. to email@example.com before March 15, 2024.
• Please visit our website at www.rmgc.org to learn more about the Club.
*Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and are fluent in English and French, both orally and in writing.