Groupe Le Richmond is born in Griffintown with the idea of creating a unique environment where the beauty of design, gastronomic pleasures and a culinary experience come together. Our Fine Dining Restaurant Le Richmond has 220 seats with a private terrace that serves refined, modern Italian cuisine. While our multi-dimensional Marche Le Richmond which is connected to the restaurant is a casual destination for foodies who like traditional Italian recipes in a beautiful bistro, serving seasonal and high-quality fresh products from take out to ready to eat counters. You can also find homemade, local artisanal and carefully selected Italian products in our fine grocery store.
Le Richmond is offering a golden opportunity to show your skills, create your own dessert menu, manage your own team and work in cooperation with the chefs from Le Richmond, Le Marché Italien and the caterer service to bring the business to another level. A challenge that only a few can offer!
The Pastry Chef is the ultime dessert and sweets specialist. He is in charge of the creation of new recipes, the planification, the production, the decoration and the packaging of all its products. The pastry chef is attentive to the quality and variety of products made by him and his team. He ensures the freshness of food and makes sure to offer tasty products that meet the different types of clientele he deals with. Creativity is the watchword for this position, because the pastry chef is the artisan of cakes, petit fours, creams and mounted pieces, works all sugar derivatives to offer caramels, nougats, fruit pastes, ice creams, sorbets, etc.
- Create a dessert menu (by season) for a high-volume restaurant and to the Richmond quality standards
- Offer various pastries and desserts for the dessert counter at the Italian Market
- Manage special orders for group menus
- Manage and supervise a pastry team, develop schedules and production, manage purchases and inventories
- Also able to cater to special events that the Richmond takes part outside the restaurant. 5 to 7 years of pastry experience including at least 2 years as a manager or pastry chef.
The title pastry chef is non-gendered and is used in this form for the sole purpose of lightening the job description. The Richmond and the Italian Market offer all candidates the same opportunity to be part of our team, regardless of background, gender, sexual orientation or gender expression. Diversity is considered here as an asset.Requirements
- Rigorous following recipes
- Developed artistic sense and creativity
- Sensitivity and appreciation of perfumes and textures
- Apply hygiene rules in terms of preparation and packaging and product preservation
- Good inventory management
- Ability to manage and motivate his team to take the Richmond experience to another level
- Excellent management of stress and time.
- Positive attitude, discipline and good organization
The title pastry chef is non-gendered and is used in this form for the sole purpose of lightening the job description. The Richmond and the Italian Market offer all candidates the same opportunity to be part of our team, regardless of background, gender, sexual orientation or gender expression. Diversity is considered here as an asset.
- * only successful candidates will be contacted.