Part Time Cook
Relationships often define who we are - relationships with family, our community, between residents, among friends and with staff. It’s quality moments spent with others that truly celebrate a life well lived with great activities, the best of care, beautiful surroundings and delicious meals. At Arbor Trace, we believe these meaningful experiences are enhanced by those who surround us.
Under the direction of the Food Services Director, help to manage the operation of the Food Services Department. Including food ordering and accountability, preparation, food delivery and cleanliness in accordance with appropriate health department regulations. Assist in maintaining a positive physical and social environment for the residents.
ROLE AND GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all required in-service training.
- Ensure compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents’ rights.
- Ensure food is prepared in a nutritional, appetizing fashion, and presented in an attractive manner. See that appropriate snacks are available to residents with special dietary needs. Ensure all utensils, dishes, equipment, and work areas are cleaned properly and in a timely manner. Store food properly
- Help Food Services Director schedule staff. Assist in orienting new staff. Ensure equipment is maintained and work areas are clean, safe and orderly. Strictly adhere to procedures regarding infection control, food-borne illness prevention, harmful chemical handling, fire, safety and sanitation, promptly addressing any transgression.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recognition program
- Sick days and time off for family obligations
- Career Opportunity
- Human management approach
- Must be formally trained in the culinary arts, or have equivalent experience in the culinary arts
- Must be able to relate positively to residents and families, and to work cooperatively with other employees and vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with Residents, families, staff, community officials, referral sources and the general public
- Must be capable of maintaining regular, reliable attendance
- Must meet all state health requirements
- Obtain Food Handlers Permit (as required by state regulations)
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (Essential Job Functions) with or without reasonable accommodation