Night Manager (Opening 2019)
Department: Front Office
Reports to: Front Office Manager
* Due to local laws, we prioritize applicants who have permission to work in Canada, and it is essential in both English and French, both orally and in writing.
The Four Seasons Hotel Montreal is looking for someone who shares our passion for excellence and seeks to create a memorable experience for our employees and guests. We are looking for a person who has a strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, a concern for quality, a cultural sensitivity and a sense of customer service.
This posting has a tentative start date in Winter 2019
The Night Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations relating to the front office, guest services as well as all other departments that are active over night. This person will ensure that all operations in the hotel are running smoothly during the overnight hours while adhering to Four Seasons’ standards. He/She must demonstrate resourcefulness, leadership and problem solving skills in order to respond to any type of situation all while maintaining a positive attitude. Furthermore, the Night Manager must have strong organisational and planning skills as well as ensure guest and employee satisfaction.
- Ensure the guest has a seamless experience in terms of the continuity of quality service between the day and night shifts;
- Oversee and contribute directly to ensure the safety of property and people in the hotel;
- Manage unexpected situations regardless of the department and manage them with a positive attitude;
- Personally greet all VIP guests in a thoughtful and attentive manner;
- Ensure internal as well as daily operations closing procedures are applied;
- Process and perform all system closing or turning processes for the end of the day as per Four Seasons standards;
- Manage any eventual guest complaints and offer solutions promptly;
- Act as a role model by scrupulously abiding by the values, policies and dress code of Four Seasons;
- Oversee smooth flow of operations at the Front Office, Night Audit, Guest Services, Reservations and any other customer service related position;
- Respond to a variety of guest requests with precision and efficiency;
- Assess guest needs by adding personal recommendations and touches;
- Resolve guest complaints with the highest level of professionalism in compliance with Four Seasons standards;
- Ensures that all assigned staff have a strong grasp of the services, equipment and amenities offered by the hotel;
- Communicate with the various departments of the hotel and do the necessary follow-ups to insure the guest’s satisfaction and proactively prevent guest service complaints and/or issues;
- Be present in the lobby and supervise the flow of operations during peak hours;
- Reviews daily arrivals to ensure proper handling of Special Attention Guests, Return Guests, and Groups;
- Insures that all financial and credit procedures are followed;
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment to insure guest and employee satisfaction;
- Build an open and cooperative work environment where everyone’s opinion is shared and valued;
- Participate in Lobby Lizard shifts;
- Perform all other related tasks;
Desired qualifications and skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in English and French, both orally and in writing;
- Have a good resistance to stress and manage it positively and effectively;
- Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrate a very good team spirit
- Interest and ability to provide outstanding service to our internal, external customers and our suppliers;
- Have an excellent presentation and elocution, in French and English, and interpersonal skills to meet the expectations of a high-end clientele;
- Maintain a professional appearance and behave in a mature manner with integrity at all times;
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Be organized, meticulous and resourceful;
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative;
- Comfortable working nights;
- Available evenings, nights and weekends;
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, Lotus Notes, Delphi and Opera;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in hotel management, customer service or a similar position;
- Post-secondary degree in hotel management, administration or related field;
International foreign candidates within Four Seasons will be considered. Visas and work permit will be sponsored by the employer. Due to limited budgets, the relocation policy will not be fully applied.
The list of tasks specified above is not exhaustive, the function will require a constant adaptation to situations of high activity and specific management of customer relations.
*Our organization is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected under provincial or federal laws.