Multi-Property Housekeeping Executive
Owner and operator of the Hilton Garden Inn Montreal Centre-Ville, Courtyard Marriott Montreal Centre-Ville, Holiday Inn & Suites Montreal Centre-Ville West and AC Marriott Montreal Centre-ville, RIMAP Hospitality is one of the largest hotel operators of internationally branded hotels in downtown Montreal.
The Housekeeping Supervisor can be placed at any RIMAP Hospitality property.
The housekeeping executive oversees and directs all aspects of the hotel’s housekeeping operations, which include the rooms, public areas, laundry and rear areas of the hotel, and staff. Responsible for the fluidity of operations in his department while respecting the standards of the chain. Pay particular attention to the safety, security and protection of property. Responsible for budget management.
- Establish and maintain the highest level of cleanliness in all rooms and public areas of the hotel and respect brand standards.
- Plan routine inspections of all housekeeping services with other managers and supervisors in the department.
- Inspect rooms and public areas regularly to ensure that furniture, fixtures and fittings are clean and in good repair. Make the necessary recommendations for long-term maintenance.
- Establish and manage routine cleaning plans so that all furniture, trim, carpets and coverings are maintained at the highest level.
- Implement and control housekeeping procedures that promote the health and safety of all guests and staff, such as lost and found items, key checks, and safety and emergency procedures.
- Implement and maintain strict health and safety policies and procedures. Report and immediately modify, if possible, all health and safety hazards;
- Constantly monitor all dangerous or doubtful situations which may endanger customers, hotel staff and react accordingly;
- Prepare and manage the budget of the department, including the forecasts of expenses according to the occupation and the budget of the hotel;
- Maintain a record of all purchase orders and follow the relevant instructions;
- Maintain the inventory of room supplies, ensuring a profitable purchase and maintaining company standards;
- Control uniforms, their purchase and their use;
- Manage the inventory of bedding and towels and ensure their sustainable maintenance;
- Supervise and ensure the optimal productivity of the laundry room;
- Manage work schedules by balancing the needs of the department and those of the employees;
- Take responsibility for all aspects of human resource management within the department, including workforce planning, recruiting, performance management, performance appraisals, assigned tasks, development and training the team to maintain the level of expertise required to maintain the housekeeping program;
- Participate in management team meetings;
- Plan departmental meetings;
- Participate in the Manager on duty (MOD) program;
- Understand, master and respect the collective agreement in force.
- Perform any other task related to the duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school or post-secondary diploma and 10 years experience in housekeeping management or related professional field;
- Diploma from a recognized college or university in the field of hotel management and 5 years of experience in housekeeping management;
- Experience in hospitality or related field desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Behave professionally at all times;
- Develop positive and enthusiastic leadership to foster cohesion and collaboration between teams and colleagues;
- Interact with others with the intention of establishing positive and constructive working relationships;
- Ability to work under pressure, have a developed sense of urgency and be able to manage priorities;
- Able to communicate ideas and concepts clearly, in writing and orally;
- Strong work organization ability so as to work with tight deadlines and carry out regular follow-ups;
- Able to assess different options presented and make a thoughtful and informed decision in a timely manner;
- Capable of identifying opportunities and problems when they arise, or preventing them and taking the necessary measures to resolve them;
- Be understanding in conflict situations in the workplace and able to overcome obstacles;
- Capable of assimilating complex information from different sources and analyzing, adjusting or modifying it according to specific constraints or needs;
- Have the ability to listen, understand and clarify information and questions from colleagues, tenants or customers;
- Have the ability to understand and analyze basic financial data (budget);
- Have a developed sense of leadership;
- Knowledge of basic computer software (MS Office ®, e-mail, internet, management database);
- Ability to occasionally lift 10 to 25 pound loads and / or ability to transport, push, pull or move 50 pound objects frequently.
Speak, write and read French and English.
Our organization is an employer aware of professional equity and committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture. The use of the masculine is used only for the purpose of lightening the text. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other basis protected by provincial or federal laws.