The Méchant Bœuf is a real institution in Old Montreal that likes to seduce a motley fauna by reinventing the "English pub" experience: a glam rock touch to a brasserie decor combined with a French-inspired cuisine. Angus beef AAA quality, a bar offering raw daily deliveries, hand-crafted cocktails, 5 @ 7 trendy, music beyond the trends that sign an electrifying atmosphere and of course, the best hamburger in town, decidedly , at the Naughty Beef, we do more than deliver the goods on all levels!
The maître d’hôtel is responsible for the operation of the dining room, service management and customer service. He will also be responsible for managing the bar. In addition, he will be responsible for training and supervising the members of the service team, as well as ensuring proper maintenance of the spaces and equipment of the restaurant. This position reports to the general manager.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team of food service professionals in day-to-day activities;
- Work in a team with the Restaurant Manager and the Chef,
- Have a presence on the floor during shifts;
- Maintain links with regular customers and retain new customers;
- Contribute to corporate objectives by maintaining superior standards in customer service and operations management;
- Work with the marketing team to propose and execute a business development strategy, including event promotions;
- Regularly review and evaluate the level of customer satisfaction of the restaurant, provide the necessary ideas to keep up with demand and market trends;
- Investigate and resolve service complaints;
- Any other tasks deemed relevant to the proper functioning of the operations.
Advantages of being part of the Antonopoulos Group:
- Group Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plans)
- Employee Discounts in our establishments
- Discount with our business partners
- Recognition Events for our employees
- Possibility of promotion
Qualifications ans required skills :
- 4 to 5 years of experience in a similar position in a nightlife environment;
- Developed sense of customer service;
- Leadership and excellent communication skills;
- Autonomy and sense of initiative;
- Flexible availability (evenings and weekends);
- Good knowledge of restoration software (Micros and Opentable, asset);
- Management training in catering (asset);
- Bilingual (French and English)
Interested? Please send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com.
The Antonopoulos Group is a Montreal based family company and has been a leader in the restaurant, hospitality and event industries for more than 45 years. The Group created and is managing 11 restaurants, 5 terraces, 2 spas and 5 hotels so far, all located in the historical neighborhood that is the Old Montreal. Delivering internationally recognized service in its luxurious properties, this family business bases its success on passionate professional coming from a variety of fields. The collaboration between each employee of the Group allows for unique high-quality experiences for all the clientele.