Inspired by American bistros and steakhouses and Montreal vibrant culinary scene, Maggie Oakes is a modern grill seating 180 people and putting local vegetables to the storefront of its cuisine. The restaurant is equipped with an impressive dry-aging meat cooler, a glass wine cellar with an inspiring selection as well as a plant wall lined with fresh herbs and shoots.
Le Maître d’hôtel reports to the director of the restaurant. His role is to coordinate all operations in the dining room of the restaurant. He participates in the supervision of the work of the members of the service team and plays a leading role in the reception and overall customer experience.
Essential functions of the job:
• Ensure adequate planning of the service according to anticipated traffic;
• Provide the necessary staff as needed and ensure that they are present in a timely manner;
• Check the dining room to ensure proper placement;
• Participate in the supervision of staff during the service;
• Provide ongoing communication with the kitchen to ensure the smooth running of the service;
• Assist the service when required;
• Ensuring customer satisfaction during and after the service;
• Manage complaints, if applicable;
• Participate in inventory management;
• Act as head of the establishment in the absence of the director.
Advantages of being part of the Antonopoulos Group:
· Group Insurance
· Group RRSP and DPSP (Deferred Profit-Sharing Plans)
· Employee discounts in our establishments
· Discount with our business partners
· Recognition Events for our employees
· Possibility of promotionRequirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• 1 to 2 years of experience in a similar position;
• Developed sense of customer service;
• Leadership and excellent communication skills;
• Autonomy and sense of initiative;
• Flexible availability (days, evenings and weekends);
• Good knowledge of restoration software (Maitre D and Opentable, asset);
• Management training in catering (asset);
Interested? Please send your cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Antonopoulos Group is a Montreal based family company and has been a leader in the restaurant, hospitality and event industries for more than 45 years. The Group created and is managing 11 restaurants, 5 terraces, 2 spas and 5 hotels so far, all located in the historical neighborhood that is the Old Montreal. Delivering internationally recognized service in its luxurious properties, this family business bases its success on passionate professional coming from a variety of fields. The collaboration between each employee of the Group allows for unique high-quality experiences for all the clientele.